Friday 18 January 2013

Bracing myself for the weekend!

Woohoo! I have made it through 5 (pretty stressful) days at work on the detox plan and this weekend is the first big test.  After the week I've had the first thing I would normally do is crack open a bottle of red or some of the fizzy stuff and go out for dinner but not tonight!!

I'm tired, achy and in a bit of a grump at the moment (having to abstain from alcohol when I know everyone else is in the pub!) but I am also proud that I have completed 5 days and I am digging my heels in to push through.  Not even the fact that I had psyched myself up to buy the Alexander McQueen coat in the window of the vintage shop on my street and it was shut due to snow can tempt me to fall off the wagon.  Besides, there's always tomorrow!

If this coat is in my size I am treating myself to it tomorrow morning (The McQueen on the right, not the Chanel!)
So tonight, I'm going to have a nice bath and relax and enjoy the fact that tomorrow I don't have to set my alarm for 5.30! In fact, I am going to set it for 8,30 and then head to the gym before going to get my nails done with a friend. I cannot wait!

The view from the School Terrace at 11.00 am 

After a full eight hours of snow, I donned my hunter wellies and trekked home along the river.  I could really feel my calves as I walked up Richmond Hill for the last stretch home but school to my house is exactly 40 minutes which fitted in nicely with the 40 minute of low intensity exercise as instructed on the plan.

Here's to a weekend of self-discipline and strong resolve!!




No comments:

Post a Comment