Sunday 20 January 2013

Chic and Seek

I have mentioned numerous times of my love for Vintage Rose, a shop on Richmond Hill that sells second hand designer wears and gives a slice of the profits to the original owner of the items.  Thus far I have picked up a Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Trench, some Alexander McQueen shoes and yesterday an Alexander McQueen coat as well as having to painfully avoid the place over certain items as I have suffered 6 months of frugality in the hangover of the big move down South and my wedding.  This period of suffering is nearly over however, and just at the right time a new love has entered my life.

A friend's sister has just started working for the website www.chicandseek.com and told me I had to check it out.  Funnily enough upon entering the website I remembered reading an article in a magazine or newspaper about this site when it was a start up business and I have already visited the site in its early days. When I first visited this site a few years ago I was of the mindset that I only wanted to buy designer items brand new, but a few years down the line and I have a completely different outlook on the whole 'vintage' trend and I think it is even more exciting to be able to buy one off pieces that others may not be wearing and work them into the current season's trends.  Furthermore, there are also items on here that are this season or transcends seasons such as the Mulsberry Bayswater and, now that I own a mixture of new and vintage items, I can only see the benefit in buying good quality, second hand pieces at a more affordable price.  I say more affordable but some of the items on the website (such as the Hermes, Birkins) are in no way 'affordable' but offer you the chance at owning a piece of fashion that may not be accessible to you by normal means.

Here are a selection of my favourite items currently listed on the site:

At an eye-watering £18, 500 there is no way I could ever afford this Ostrich  skin blue Kelly Birkin but I am sure you will all agree this is a rare fashion find to die for!
These tan leather Louboutin's are in my size, in excellent condition and a bargain at only £215.  If you are going to purchase red soles second hand make sure you see a picture of the underneath.  If you are buying pre-worn Louboutin's you have to accept that there will be wear on the red soles but you can always get them repainted (I don't know where in the UK but I had a pair I'd ruined done in Las Vegas and they looked new again!)

These Prada black leather gloves are an absolute steal at £70 and also affordable if you want to own a piece of Miuccia's fashion brand without breaking the bank.

And finally...if this Marc By Marc Jacobs purse (£50) is still available on payday next week it will be mine as I need a new purse that won't break the bank! Don't be getting in there before me!!

This website is great if you are just a bargain hunter looking for a fashion fix or even better if you live somewhere where these kind of things are not particularly accessible!  Check it out at www.chicandseek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment