Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas and New Year 2012 saw a fantastic end to a fantastic year and I thought I would share with you a few of the things on my list which were very kindly bought for me:


Ash Studded Biker Boots
I am going to be living in my Ash Studded Biker Boots for the next few months until summer. I have posted about them so many times and been lusting after them for 18 months now so I was over the moon to finally receive them...even better they were an 'after Christmas present' and we managed to get them 50% off from Think Bubbles in Cleethorpes which has made them an even better purchase!!



Beauty and Makeup Products

My dressing table is looking full again thanks to my generous parents and in-laws who have spoilt me with an array of products.  I was down to using testers before Christmas and was living in hope I would be restocked at Christmas but did not expect to be this spoilt!!

My favourites are:

L'Oreal Professional Vitamin Color Shampoo and Conditioner/L'Oreal Mythic Oil

Finally I have found a good shampoo and conditioner that not only smells salon fresh but also makes my hair feel and look healthy.  I've swapped onto this as I have just changed hair colour and I am hoping it will help make my colour last the 7 weeks I am going to have to go before I next get back up North to get my colour done again.

The mythic oil is really good for keeping your hair in a good condition, particularly if you dye it a lot like I do mine.








Clarins for all my facial washes/cleansers/moisturisers


I cannot get enough of Clarin's at the moment. I use their day and night creams, their facial washes, scrubs and masks as well as their body exfoliants. I've now got the Bath and Shower Concentrate to try too! Personally, I think it is definitely worth the expenditure on good beauty products to maintain healthy and glowing skin.  What's the point in spending lots of money on clothes if you are not looking after the body you are putting them in?

Sanctuary and Soap and Glory Body Scrubs

I am the easiest person in the world to buy Christmas presents for...if in doubt just get me Soap and Glory or Sanctuary products.  I swear by both of these body scrubs and recommend either for regular use, especially if like me you can't afford to splurge on Clarin's or Laura Mercier all the time.  Personally I prefer the Sanctuary one as it is just like rubbing pure salt all over your body and the result is silky. smooth skin.  However, I also know plenty of people that prefer the Soap and Glory scrub so go with whatever suits you best.








Mac Fluidline Eye liner and Laura Mercier Compact



I've used this eyeliner exclusively for about three years now and would be very reluctant to switch to anything else.  It gives a bold definition to the eyes and can be used both above and below the eyes for dramatic effect.  This is my first ever piece of Laura Mercier makeup and I love it, in fact my new years resolution is to buy and experiment with more of her range.


Alexander McQueen Scarf

Finally I finish with this Alexander McQueen scarf my husband bought me as a surprise gift on Christmas Day. I have wanted one for years and I was so surprised he remembered as I had not mentioned it for quite a while!! I love the colour he chose, it goes with everything!




No comments:

Post a Comment