Tuesday 1 January 2013

January Detox

December has been a complete write off for me (as I'm sure many of you can sympathise with) in terms of health and fitness and I feel absolutely rubbish and annoyed at myself for going far too overboard with food and drink for the whole month. Coupled with the fact I have slipped into bad habits the previous three months since moving to London and starting my new job, I feel that now is the time to get back into my healthy living routines.

I struggle with my weight consistently, I always have. A quick look through my Facebook photos since 2006 (when I was 20) to now shows me at various weights ranging between 9.5 and 11 stone - up and down, up and down. What I really want to achieve as I enter my late 20s (I'll be 27 in June eek!) is to stabilise and maintain a consistent weight of about 10 stone. This means I need to lose a stone and stay there!

Therefore over the next month I will be blogging about my quest not only to lose the weight but also regain my fitness and try and discover a food routine that will give me energy and keep me revitalised. I hope to see an improvement in my skin tone and energy levels as well as toning up so that I am back to looking my best. Most importantly I hope to find a food plan that I can stick to and enjoy, this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change.
Some of the supplements I have ordered ready for the 19 Day Body Detox I start on 14th January. Before and after this detox I will be following a strict healthy eating plan containing lots of protein and vegetables and no sugar/processed foods/complex carbs supplemented with a daily wheat grass shot.

To help me along the way I have created. an inspiration board featuring some motivational quotes and pictures to remind me to keep my eye on the prize. It contains a picture of me at my thinnest and a picture of me at my fittest as well as Abbey Clancy looking stunning in a bikini I own (and love) and of course the incredibly inspirational Jessica Ennis.


Day one begins tomorrow with an addition to my new daily routine; a wheatgrass shot. I will post about this tomorrow. I have been so good on the whole the past 2 years but November and December always catch me out and I end back at square one.  Let's hope 2013 is the year I break this pattern!

I shall leave you with this quote....

No comments:

Post a Comment