Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day Three...First Wobble!

I am now 3 days into the detox and today I've had my first test of resilience.  The first two days I have breezed through it, the food has not left me hungry and I have not been too tempted by coffee and 'naughty' foods because I have locked myself away in my classroom and avoided the canteen and coffee shop.  This morning I awoke with some muscle aches but nothing on the scale of when I've had PT sessions and it's taken me three days to be able to sit down.

This afternoon however, I had a particularly stressful time at work and this is where I really could have been persuaded to join some of my colleagues in the pub for a couple of jars.  Instead, I got the husband to pick me up and take me to Waitrose to stock up...although having to follow him around the bread/bagel/cheese aisles whilst he got himself some food in was torture and by the time I got home I felt quite faint.  I pushed through though and the protein shake helped me through the particularly arduous tabata training.  Doing 20 secs on 10 seconds off of burpees/tricep dips and low raised planks/jumping squats for eight minutes does not sound like a long, hard workout but believe me by the end of it my thighs were sore!


For dinner I had a load of stirfry veg (pak choi/broccoli/green beans/chilli) with prawns and smoked mackeral.  I cooked it in coconut oil with garlic and ginger and it was not only really tasty but filling as well.  So now I feel satisfied and ready to sleep in preparation for the 17 hour fast I am about to encounter.  By midday tomorrow I will probably be pretty hungry, I just hope I have enough energy to push me through seeing 40 sets of parents in 3.5 hours at parents evening tomorrow night!


I have a feeling that over the next few days the intensity of the programme is about to ramp up and things will go from erring on the side of pleasant to hardly bearable.  I hope I have the mental strength to handle it on top of the stress I have at work, but as I've said before this is as much a mental challenge for me as it is about losing weight and I need to prove to myself I can do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment