Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 1: Wheatgrass

So day 1 of my healthy eating regime started this morning with a nice big glass of wheatgrass mixed with water.  Apparently I will see the benefits of adding this daily ritual to my routine within two weeks and, if the packet is anything to go by, I expect to see a boost in energy levels as well as the added benefits of it detoxing and cleansing my body, rejuvenating my body's cells and increasing my oxygen levels as well as reducing acid in my body.


According to research I've done online, wheatgrass can be responsible for an improved immune system, an improved digestive system, slowing down the ageing process, soothing aching muscles and much more! Let's hope it is the magic solution I have been waiting for with regards to some of my body problems!

 

For breakfast, I had a poached egg on a wholemeal muffin (no butter or margarine) with some smoked salmon and a grilled tomato.  It tasted delicious and I didn't even miss the hollandaise sauce or butter!  I am also elated with my efforts at making a poached egg, this simple task has defeated me for so long but I have finally mastered it!!




I had prepared the hummus and crudités as a snack but I wasn't really feeling that hungry so it ended up being my lunch when I got back from the gym.  I've cut up enough for a couple of days so that I can just nip in the fridge and transfer a few over to a smaller container to take to work with me.

Unfortunately, I ate the stir fry I prepared for dinner before I remembered to photograph it but I just used easy ginger, garlic, chilli and soy sauce instead of buying a packet to pour in and used rice noodles and a pack of stir-fry vegetables.

I have also taken my 'before' photos today in preparation for the 19 Day Body Detox I am starting on the 14th.  They upset me a little bit as I compared them to some I had taken when I finished with my Personal Trainer before leaving Liverpool and the difference is astounding but this is why I am doing this so I need to use it as motivation to keep my eye on the goal!

1 comment:

  1. Superfood or super fad? People have been drinking and growing them like there's no tomorrow! It may be a fad, but it really does amazing things to your body. So, I don't see anything wrong if people will start drinking it. Plus, it's organic!

    Erlinda Lilly

    ReplyDelete