Saturday 19 January 2013

Wintry Richmond and Alexander McQueen

Today was a wondrous winter's day in Richmond and another occasion where I felt like I had walked into a Dickension novel.  We were up and out early for a walk around Richmond Park after I completed my morning workout tabata training (11 minutes of mountain climbers, 20 seconds on 40 seconds off).  Below is the view of Richmond Gardens opposite my flat. It looked beautiful and was so nice to see families sledging down the hill, it always makes me feel so lucky that I live here.


After the walk, I was starving but it was only 10.00 am and I had to wait until half 11 for my first feed so I threw on a Pashmina and headed down the hill to see if I could try on the Alexander McQueen coat that I had been eyeing up in the window of Vintage Rose for the past two weeks...


I am wearing: Tesco headband / HnM Snood / Pasmina from John Lewis / Lusso London Cashmere gloves / Armani exchange leather and cotton trousers / Ash biker boots / Topshop jumper and Longchamp handbag.



Alas it fitted and what's more they knocked a further £25 off for me, making it a steal compared to what it should have been full price! The pictures of it are above, I cannot wait to wear it out!!

I then headed over to Hampton Wick near Kingston to get my nails done and immediately felt a lot better for it.  There is nothing worse than having chipped nail varnish, especially when it's gel and you just want to peel it off (something my manicurist told me off for, oops!)

OPI GEL, You don't know Jacques
I have really struggled to avoid caffeine today.  It's so cold, exactly the sort of afternoon for coffee and a cake! I've had to really push through and stick with the peppermint tea when all I really want to do is head to a coffee shop and have a big mug of coffee and a piece of chocolate cake!!  I did weigh myself this morning though (which is apparently not allowed, so my scales have now had the battery taken out of them by my husband) and I am 3lbs down in 5 days which is a great incentive to push through! Just another half a stone to go until I'm back at my wedding weight!!

I am going to have a power nap now to stave off the hunger pains before doing the second workout and having dinner followed by a movie off sky box office...detoxing is so not rock 'n' roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment