Tuesday 22 January 2013

Halfway there!

I am now at the end of Day 9 of the 19 day detox and, after a tough three days, things are starting to feel better again.

The weekend was a challenge as there are a lot more temptations when you are not locked in a classroom keeping yourself busy for hours on end, but I managed to get through it without cheating or breaking the rules.  Monday morning I awoke and felt tired, hungry and emotional, I even burst into tears over something trivial at work which is not like me at all.  Last night I really started to worry about how I was going to cope with the first 19 hour fast.

Surprisingly today is the first day I have not thought about hunger/food at all. In some ways I was lucky that it happened on a Tuesday when I have a full teaching day and because I ended up having break time detentions as well as a lunchtime drama I did not even think about food until 2.15.  When I actually came to eat my lunch I found that I wasn't particularly hungry by this point and almost had to force it down me.  This has really made me start to question what I mistake as actual hunger and what is in fact physical hunger.  I didn't have a snack because I ate so late in the day and I have just come home from the gym to have my evening meal below.  I have just realised that I forgot my 'starchy carbs' so I am going to have a banana for dessert.

Tuna Steak, poached egg, asparagus, spinach and broccoli cooked in coconut oil, garlic and chilli

I am starting to realise that a lot of stuff I do not actually need, I just want and I have surprised myself in that I have not really craved any food.  Having said that, someone on TV just said 'I love you too marshmellow' which has just got me fantasising about hot chocolate and marshmellows!

I think moving forward from this plan I am going to continue with the no dairy/no wheat as I feel so much better for it.  I don't however want to give up coffee (with a little bit of milk) or alcohol because life is too short and they are both treats I enjoy.  I'm not a massive coffee drinker anyway, I drink 4-5 cups a week usually as a social thing with friends and I don't think there is any reason to suddenly forgo this...let's meet for a green tea just doesn't sound as much fun!

I haven't weighed/measured myself yet as I am not going to do this until the end but I am hoping that from here to the end is when the big results are going to come in, so I'm digging in my heels and sticking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment